Wednesday 27 July 2011

The Lancet Liver Fluke: an eccentric but true adventure.

Inspired by seeing the other prezi presentations in the 23things project I decided that I should have a go myself. I tried to be educational and picked a subject that not many people on the project would be familiar with as a test on how well this medium can introduce new subjects.

Perhaps the venerable Don Quijote de La Mancha, whose love of literature drove him insane, seeing stories of chivalry everywhere he set out on an adventure where we get our word quixotic, had a point. Nature does often appear to have been written by Holly Martins. Perhaps it's true that "The world doesn't make any heroes outside of your stories" as Harry Lime tells Holly, but there are strange tales of subterfuge, cunning and manipulation. Here is a good example:



I tried to follow my guidelines from the previous post but played with the idea of the narrative using a cycle. The canvas approach also lets the life-cylce of this parasite be seen as a whole and people can zoom in at particular points. I think it is for presentations like this where Prezi works best.

4 comments:

  1. Great Prezi Matthew! Very funny, and you featured a sheep, which will always get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your prezi! Interesting to see a prezi with more 'academic' content, and what it is great for is illustrating the cyclical nature of the process.

    Rowena 23 Things Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! Plus it also allowed me to mention the Third Man - my favourite film noir.

    I think Prezi is best when trying to show arrangements of information and how they are linked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am familiar (or rather used to be) with this subject and think was an inspired choice for a Prezi!

    ReplyDelete